Summer isn't summer without BBQ, and BBQ isn't BBQ without a finger-licking, super tasty BBQ sauce. 'Ye Olde BBQ Sauce' was developed to pay homage to a particularly memorable meal enjoyed in Montreal back in 1956. It's been a family favourite ever since.
Baste 'Ye Olde BBQ Sauce' on chicken or a rack of ribs while they cook and allow the sauce to caramelize slightly or serve alongside a steak grilled to perfection.
1 medium onion diced
1 large garlic bud, diced
3 tsp. paprika
1 ¼ cups stock, chicken or vegetable
½ cup ketchup
½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Few shakes of Tabasco sauce, or to taste
- Brown onion and garlic in a dash of olive oil.
- Add paprika to brown (this enhances the paprika taste considerably)
- Add all other ingredients and simmer.
- If used with BBQ chicken or other meat or vegetables, soak the meat/veg in the sauce for at least half an hour before barbecuing to enhance the taste.
- When serving, add a small dish on each plate, with sauce, for dipping.