We're serving traditional New Orleans Muffuletta lunches on weekends at the winery all through the summer. Local cheeses and cured meats combined with tangy olive spread creates a sandwich big on flavour and personality. Add a touch of hot sauce if you like things spicy. Choose dairy-free or meat-free products for a vegetarian or vegan treat. Served alongside a handful of exotic veggie chips and paired with a glass of our Chardonnay 'Sur Lie' or the Harwood wine of your own choosing. (Must be age 19 or over for wine by the glass service.)
Spicy Muffuletta salad
Mild Muffuletta salad
Kurtzie's Merlot Salami
Kurtzie's Venison Sausage
Maple Dale Cheese Dill Cheddar
Maple Dale Cheese Smoked Cheddar
1. Using a bread knife, cut Kaiser bun in half.
2. Spread one side of the Kaiser with the Mild Muffuletta salad.
3. Spread the other side of the Kaiser with the Spicy Muffuletta salad.
4. Layer 5 or so slices of Merlot Salami on one half
5. Layer 5 or so slices of Venison Sausage on the other half
6. Add 3 or so slices of Dill Cheddar atop the Merlot Salami.
7. Add 3 or so slices of Smoked Cheddar atop the Venison Sausage.
8. If adding some hot sauce, sprinkle on now.
9. Close Sandwich. Can be enjoyed cold, however we love it heated up...
10. Using Panini Press on medium, heat until toasted well and cheese has melted.
11. Carefully remove from press with tongs and garnish with potato chips.